Order No Smoking Signs
- By law, most public places and places of employment in Arizona are required to post the required "No Smoking" signs at every entrance.
- Business proprietors have the option of ordering signage free of charge OR creating their own "No Smoking" signs. To meet the signage requirements of the Smoke-Free Arizona Act § 36-601.01, the proprietor shall post signs that contain:
- The international no smoking symbol (consisting of a pictorial representation of a burning cigarette enclosed in a red circle with a red bar across it) or the words "No Smoking"
- A citation to A.R.S. § 36-601.01
- The telephone number for making complaints (1-877-4-AZNOSMOKE, 1-877-429-6676), and
- The website address for making complaints (www.smokefreearizona.org)
- Some places are exempted from the no smoking restrictions of the Smoke-Free Arizona Act.
- For public places or places of employment, signs should be no smaller than 4 inches by 6 inches;
- For business vehicles, signs should be no smaller than 2 inches by 3 inches.